Sunday 27 April 2014

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo + Plus



I'm one of those people that lives by the old saying: "If it ain't broke don't fix it" - I had been a huge fan of La Roche-Posay's original formula, Effaclar Duo for around 12 months. I even repurchased the stuff - a beauty addict's way of saying: "this is some pretty good shizz". So at the start of the year when I'd heard that the much-loved spot treatment had been discontinued BUT replaced with a revamped version, the Effaclar Duo + Plus I've got to admit, I was a little anxious but I had heard it did everything that the original did, on top of helping to reduce and prevent scarring.

About a month ago, the kind people at La Roche-Posay offered me the chance to try out the new formula, which was fantastic as I was keen to see whether the Effaclar Duo + Plus lived up to its predecessor.

I've never really had particularly problematic skin but I found that using the Effaclar Duo daily helped to keep my skin clear. It claimed to 'reduce the appearance of imperfections and unclog sebum-blocked pores' - which it did.

Does the new version do this? Yes, it does. Like the original, it helps to keep breakouts at bay. It's a preventative treatment, so with that in mind, remember it won't clear up current outbreaks on first application but it will reduce the frequency of them in future. This is a product that you have to persevere with - but not for a terribly long period of time, I found it to be effective in around a fortnight.

Now for the 'newness' - this updated version claims to prevent red and brown marks. La Roche-Posay claim that the new formula not only targets blemishes, clogged pores and excess sebum, but it also eliminates acne marks from the moment they start to form, thanks to an exclusive anti-marks active ingredient called Procerad.

Do I believe this updated version does anything in tackling the marks that come after blemishes? Yes I do and in fact, I feel that the product has done wonders in reducing the overall redness of my skin, so much so that this month, I've gone many days without wearing any foundation at all! Don't get me wrong, my skin has always been okay but it's rare that I feel confident enough to leave the house without any sort of base on my skin.

Overall, I'm thrilled with the results of the revamped formula and like I did with its predecessor, I will certainly be repurchasing this stuff when it eventually runs out! The original Effaclar Duo was great, however the Effaclar Duo + Plus just goes that step further for your skin.

You can get your hands on La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo + Plus (RRP £15.50), from Boots or via online beauty and skincare hotspot, Escentual.

Thanks for reading!


Follow me on Bloglovin':

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11870233/?claim=7hx5e9ntq8w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


2 comments:

  1. I have been loving the Effaclar Duo + it has been really helping to control my breakouts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonder product! I've seen such a big redness reduction on my face since using this :) x

      Delete